Sunday 22 May 2011

Santiagocation

So a big night, primarily based around the celebration that was Dreamtime at the 'G meant that this morning getting out of bed to head to training was something of a struggle.  The alcohol induced celebrations from Richmond doing the deed against the 'Dons,  leaving them outside the eight only on percentage, meant that the alarm going off to tell me that I was about to have to see sunlight, kick a football and do physical excercise was nothing short of nightmarish. 
A few hours later, a bunch of water and some fresh air cured the "caƱa", however as I right this post the cold is rather doing its worst to make me feel as though I have a guerilla army going at it in my throat,,, one moment I feel pretty reasonable, the next I crash and burn into a coughing fit.  I think tonight is going to be a quiet one, where Dave and I enjoy some fajitas (god bless free delivery) and watch some Californication.... probably followed by Rogue Assassin (one of my favourite Jason Statham movies).  I really need to thank Dave for intruducing me to californication, it is hilarious and, lets face it is lucky to only have an MA15+ rating.  Its got plenty of "action" and some great one liners, none of which are repeatable on what I like to consider a respectful blog (more to the point I don't feel explaining some of the concepts to the less "savvy" members of my family).
What these one liners did do though was make me thing about some of the more humorous lines which I have enjoyed on the TV screen.  This is a completely subjective list and I guess is largely based around movies and shows which have significance for me, so I encourage you to include some more in the comments below.

"He's not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy" - The Life of Brian
"Stop talking about the war!" "Why?! You started it" "No we didn't" " Yes you did, you invaded Poland" Fawlty Towers
"Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch" - Sheldon Cooper
"I must say, Amy, pretending to have intercourse with you has given me a great deal of satisfaction" - Sheldon Cooper
"Thats the reason that your headache didn't go away, its pronounced analgesic, not anal-gesic... the pills go in your mouth sir!" Dr Turk, Scrubs
 "Siiiiiilenceeee. I kill you!" Achmed, the dead terrorist
 "Are my boxers made of wool, cos my weasels getting heat stroke" Dr Kelso, Scrubs
"Ted, even if she is married, its a Canadian marriage.  Its like their currency and their army...  nobody takes it seriously" How I Met Your Mother
 "According to most studies, peoples number on fear is public speaking.  Number two is dying, does that sound right?  This means that to the average person, if you go to a funeral you're better off in the casket than giving the eulogy" Jerry Seinfeld
"Antiquing" Bender
"Cmon, Europes the size of a postage stamp... we can practically walk to Berlin" Eurotrip
"Two fingers? Better make it three" Roadtrip
"I gueess this is an insight into marriage with Ike Turner" Wedding Crashers
"Theres my wife, see that? Always smiling? Hi honey.  Judging, watching, "Let it go"  Old School

A lot of honourabl mentions, most of which revolve around legen... wait for it, and I really hope you are not lactose intollerant... dairy!

Suit up!