Tuesday 8 March 2011

The internet is really really great!

As my favourite song from Avenue Q begins... "The internet is really really great".  I finally have the internet established in my apartment and am able to surf the net without piggybacking off the dodgy public wifi which is available on a 1 sq. ft. that floats around my bedroom.  The vtr extreme package has been recently upgraded to have full HD cable TV and 40Mbps internet, I really don't know how I can possibly utilise it, but I certainly plan on giving it my best shot.

Tonight after the vtr guy left, I spent a good 45 minutes flicking through channels, watching the various Chilean sitcoms and soap dramas which were on at least 10 channels.  Honestly I am probably glad that I didn't understand all that was being said, because it in all likelihood saved many of my braincells fleeing out of my ear to avoid the cruel and unusual punishment that is associated with watching acting which would be embarrassing in the adult entertainment industry.  Nonetheless it is great watching familiar shows and using the espanol subtitles to assist me in continuing to grow my vocabulary.  For instance, did you know that the phrase "With money, anything is possible" is sometimes translated to "Con el dinero baila el perro" (which directly translates to "With money the dog will dance").  Not that it makes an ounce of sense, just interesting.  I am going to try and include some humourous Spanish phrases across the posts as I come across them.

Anyway now my internet is sufficient to post something other than a text based post, I am going to attach some photos of the view from my apartment.  For those who are interested, the building with the yellow band at the top was originally going to be the tallest building in South America.  Unfortunately, the global financial crisis put a stop to its development and now a building in Panama will be the tallest building in the Americas south of the equator.
Hmmmmm, I really do seem to make a habit of bridging (not a prison reference).

Buenes Noches Amigos!